TOYO TIRE U.S.A. CORP.
Last modified: May 12, 2017
Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- Regardless of whether you are accessing the Website via a personal computer, a mobile device or any other technology or devices now known or hereafter developed or discovered (each, a “Device”).
- Regardless of whether you are accessing the Website as a registered user (if offered by the Website) or other user of the Website.
- On this Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website or between you and Company.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on or through any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our parent, affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our parent, affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any personal information to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
- We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as Device and advertising identifiers and information collected through cookies or other tracking technologies or identifiers; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, profile information, subscribing to our service, posting material or uploading content, submitting applications to work with us, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Registration or correspondence requesting to receive alerts or requesting more information.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Any other situation where you knowingly provide personal information.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many online services, we currently do not alter our practices when we receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you can visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com, but we are not responsible for the completeness or accuracy of this third party information.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Research our users and develop new features and enhancements that will provide a better Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information on disabling Flash cookies, go to Adobe’s website http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-third-party-local-shared.html. Please be aware that if you disable or remove these technologies, some parts of the Website may not work.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Advertisers and service providers that perform advertising-related services for us and our partners in connection with our U.S. Services may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. To learn more about how you can exercise certain choices regarding targeted advertising, visit https://www.aboutads.info/choices/ for the DAA’s opt-out program for websites, and https://www.aboutads.info/appchoices for information on the DAA’s opt-out program for mobile apps. Some of these companies may also be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the NAI and your opt-out options for their members, see https://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
Please be aware that, even if you are able to opt out of certain kinds of targeted advertising, you may continue to receive other types of ads. Opting out only means that certain selected members should no longer deliver certain targeted advertising to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To verify your identity.
- To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
- To perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also combine and use your information collected from one portion of the Website on other portions of the Website or elsewhere in our network of websites, apps, and other interactive features, or in reports and analysis, all of which are owned and operated by Company, and we may combine information gathered from multiple portions of the Website into a single customer record or analysis or report. We also use and/or combine information that we collect off-line or we collect or receive from third party sources to enhance, expand, and check the accuracy of your information.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp.'s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the “e-mail a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp., our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. You can also always opt-out by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address and/or contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or at any other time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. You can also always adjust your user advertising preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. To learn more about how you can exercise certain choices regarding interest-based advertising, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ for the DAA’s opt-out program for websites, and http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices for information on the DAA’s opt-out program for mobile apps and, for the NAI, see http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to or through our Website or stored by us. Any provision of personal information to us is at your own risk. Except as otherwise required by law, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or maintained by us.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
Following termination or deactivation of your account, Company and its service providers may retain information (including your profile information) for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes. If you have any questions about termination or deactivation of your account, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Can We Transfer Your Personal Information?
Toyo Compliance and Ethics Hotline
Toyo is committed to high standards of ethical and legal business conduct with emphasis on open and transparent communication. Toyo expects employees and business partners to report known or suspected misconduct involving Toyo, its employees, customers and/or vendors, even if they are not involved with the misconduct itself. The company can only do something about misconduct if it knows about it.
When concerns about integrity arise, we encourage employees to go to their supervisors, local Human Resources managers, or in-house counsel. If their integrity concerns are not resolved, or they do not feel comfortable discussing them with anyone within the company, they can report their concern by phone to the Toyo Compliance and Ethics Hotline. Toyo employees can find additional information on how to report integrity concerns in Toyo’s Compliance and Ethics Hotline Policy.
Toyo suppliers, contractors, and other business partners can also report any business misconduct and ethics concerns via the Toyo Compliance and Ethics Hotline.
The Toyo Compliance and Ethics Hotline is managed by a third party company and is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Anonymous reports may be made.
Toyo investigates all Hotline reports and is committed to maintaining confidentiality to the maximum extent possible. Toyo strictly prohibits retaliation against anyone who makes a good faith report.
Compliance and Ethics Hotline - Call Toll Free: (844) 465-0371
SECURITY & LEGAL
Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails
WARNING: Fraudulent Email Scam. Toyo Tire & Rubber Co., Ltd. (“TTR”) recently learned that our company name and those of our executives are being used in connection with an e-mail phishing scam. The scam is intended to deceive or defraud by inviting recipients to represent the company in some capacity.
Reporting Suspected Phishing Attempts and Other Suspicious Emails. If you receive or have received such unsolicited email communications, please notify us immediately at Report@ToyoTiresHA.com. Do not respond to these emails or communicate with the sender, and do not provide the sender with any personal or financial information. Also, avoid clicking on links included in the emails, or the attachments, as doing so may result in malware or a virus being loaded on the recipient’s computer.
Protect the Security of Your Personal Information. Email scams and other internet security risks are not uncommon and we recommend that you take steps to protect the security of your personal information and technology devices.